Lustrelux Inspired Look | Purple MOTD

Hello!

Lustrelux has to be one of my favorite Youtubers. I found her through Ipsy. Katy is currently one of their Ipsy Stylists. She created a purple eye look a couple of weeks ago, and I thought to recreate it. Katy's is so much better than mine, but I decided to try this out.


Here's a picture of my inspiration. She used a lot of lighter purples, while I used darker ones. They look nothing alike, but it was still fun attempting to recreate this.


On the face:

I primed my eye with Too Faced's Shadow Insurance, and applied Tarte's highlighter in "Champagne" to the inner corner. I used Lorac's "Deep Purple" from the Lorac Pro Palette all over the lid. I wanted a matte shadow in the crease as a transition color. I used Tarte's "Sweetheart" from the Tartelette Palette in the crease. Above that I used Tarte's "Plum Away With Me" to darken up the crease. Lastly for a splash of color, I used MAC's Star Violet on center of the lid. I added Ardell's 120 lashes from my December Ipsy bag.  

On the lips:
  • Lord & Berry Nude Lip liner
  • Hourglass Lip Gloss in "Child"



I also went for a nude lip. I just lined my lips and added Hour Glass's lip gloss in "Child". I really liked how this turned out. Sometimes I get in a makeup funk, and look to Youtube Guru's for inspiration. 





♡ Lupe

Comments

  1. I love Katy, her and Desi are my favorites! This looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! Yes, Desi is great too! I love her makeup skills.

      Delete
  2. You did such a beautiful job! Purples are one of my favorite colors to wear on the lid, it always looks so pretty especially with a nude lip like this.

    eightbitbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous look! The metallic purple is stunning and looks so pretty on you! xo

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely eye makeup!

    http://natalyepronio.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You re-created the look so well and I love the finished result! Purple tones are some of my favourite as I think they work so well with brown eyes x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Purples really do compliment brown eyes so well.

      Delete
  6. You did a fantastic job recreating the look! And I do adore her and find her to be really funny and down to earth. She's definitely one of my favourite ipsy stylist!

    Reflection of Sanity | StayLean Tea Australia Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, she's really funny and a great human overall. I'm glad you like her too. :)

      Delete
  7. You did an excellent job with your recreation! Absolutely beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment