Studio Gear Cosmetics Mineral Wet and Dry Powder Foundation

Hello!

I had the opportunity to review some products from Studio Gear Cosmetics. Have you ever had a foundation that can be used four ways? Studio Gear's Mineral Wet & Dry Powder Foundation can be used as a powder foundation, liquid foundation, setting powder, and a contour powder!


I tend to steer towards liquid foundations. I added Studio Gear's Revitalizing Day Serum to the powder foundation. I was able to achieve a matte finish with a light to medium coverage.  I did notice one layer was just enough coverage. I added another layer out of curiosity, and experienced the foundation starting to look cakey. It could just be my skin's fault at this point, and not the foundation. The shade I received was "Natural." It was a good match for my skin tone. The foundation has 8 shades to choose from. It lasted about six hours. I was getting shiny around the five hour mark.

Revitalizing Day Serum & #3 Domed Foundation Brush
The Revitalizing Day Serum can be added to the powder foundation or worn with a moisturizer. It absorbed quickly into my skin and didn't cause any irritations. It's fragrance free. A lot of skin care products contain fragrance, which can damage our skin. It's formulated with structural lipids, antioxidants, and natural botanicals. It can help erase any wrinkles or fine lines you may have. The serum can be found here for $40.


I haven't used powder foundation in a long time. I applied the foundation using Studio Gear's #3 domed foundation brush. It looked so natural on the skin! I preferred this over using it as a liquid. It gave my skin a matte finish. I also got shiny/oily around the five hour mark. I wish the foundation lasted a bit longer, but it's nice for a natural makeup day. There is a sifter, so you don't experience any messes. This also makes a good setting powder over a liquid foundation. The foundation is free of talc, fragrance, and parabens.

The brush made picking up product a breeze. I did experience shedding when applying the foundation, which is a tad upsetting. The brush does seem to be of good quality and has a sturdy handle. The brush can be found here for $40.

You can purchase the foundation here for $28.


- Lupe


*powered by Brand Backer

Comments