Allure July 2016 Beauty Box

Hello!

This was my first month with an Allure Beauty Box subscription. You can sign up here. They send about 5-6 beauty samples for $15 a month. Your first box will be $10. This month's box was created with Nordstrom.
I signed up in June and was told by Allure's customer service I'd be receiving June's box. A couple weeks went by and I inquired about my tracking info. I was then told I wouldn't be receiving June's box because they had oversold the box. I'm not sure what's going on over there, but their customer service reps need to be better trained. I should at least get an email stating I won't be receiving a box. I emailed them, but didn't really get an apology.

Let's talk about this box though!


Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex II

Can something feel luxurious on the skin? It feels like exactly that. It's easily absorbent and my skin felt soft in the morning. It didn't feel greasy on the skin, or leave any sticky residue. It's fragrance free and can be purchased here for $62 or $92.


GlamGlow SuperMud Clearing Treatment

This is a acne fighting facial mask for oily and combo skin. I layered this on my problem areas and waited about 10-15 minutes. It has charcoal which helps absorb the sebum in our skin. I like the mask because it draws out impurities, but this makes my face tingle. Any product that makes my face tingle is a no no in my book. The full size retails for $69 here.

Clinique Chubby Stick Moisturizing Lip Colour Balm

I thought this was going to pack a punch of color for some reason. I then remembered it was a lip balm, so I got a really sheer strawberry shade when applied. I like it for no makeup days. It was really moisturizing on my lips. It lasted about 2 hours on my lips. The color is called "Super Strawberry." You can purchase it here for $17.


La Mer The Moisturizing Soft Cream


I'd have to rank this as one of the most moisturizing moisturizers I've ever tried. The cream has a  really rich formula. I love applying it in the evening after cleansing. It leaves my skin feeling hydrated. If I had the big money for this brand, I'd try other products from them. It's $85 for 0.5 oz at Nordstrom.


Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer

This is one of my favorite primers. It feels weightless on the skin and makes my pores appear less visible. It's oil free and helps my foundation go on smoother. You can purchase the full size for $36 here.


You won't find these brands in too many subscription boxes. I thought it was well curated. I enjoyed the moisturizer and serum the most. I'm looking forward to the August box.

- Lupe

Comments