Lupe's Life July 2016

Hello!

I had a product review planned for today, but decided to push that to next week. I'll just talk about my life a little and a bit about beauty. I sprained my ankle last week when I went to the Taste of Chicago. If you're in the Chicago area, I highly recommend The Taste. They do it every July. It's a bunch of Chicago restaurants and food trucks. They even have music, cooking demonstrations, and a market place.
It rained pretty hard last Thursday, and as a result there was a gorgeous rainbow. My mother came upstairs to show me it. We stared at its beauty for a bit. It's really amazing at what God can create.


I spent 4th of July with my boyfriend and my friends. I hadn't seen two of my friends in awhile, so it was nice to catch up. We had a little picnic by the lake and we watched the fireworks. We had planned to go to the beach, but the police had cut off the entrance for some reason. We found this little spot by accident while trying to find parking. In the end we had a great time.

This is Lola. She's giving me the "I'm not going to look in your direction look." I gave her a bath outside today, and she wasn't such a big fan of it. Luckily she stayed calm during the whole process. She's a 9 yr old miniature pinscher. She enjoys sleeping, playing fetch, and plotting against the bunnies that come out during the summer time.


My Allure Beauty Box arrived the other day. I'll talk about the products and my experience with the company in a later post. This is what was inside.
  • Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex II
  • GlamGlow  SuperMud Clearing Treatment
  • Clinique Chubby Stick Moisturizing Lip Colour Balm in Super Strawberry
  • La Mer The Moisturizing Soft Cream
  • Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer

I've decided to go on a no buy once again. It officially started today. A no buy is where I stop purchasing cosmetics and skincare for a certain time period. I'll keep my Allure and Sephora subscription boxes though. I won't be picking up any Target Beauty boxes now. I lasted over 2 months last time I believe. I do allow myself to get makeup remover wipes and a cleanser if needed. I'm going to try to last till September this time. I need to start saving my money for other things. My sister gifts me items from her Boxy Charm sometimes, so that should abstain me from making any purchases.

While resting my sprained ankle yesterday, I stumbled upon the HSN channel. Too Faced Cosmetics happened to be on at the time. I had been lusting over these brushes for over a year. They retail for $65. HSN currently has them for $45. I used the code GET10 for $10 off the purchase. The brushes came to $37 with shipping. My boyfriend purchased them for me yesterday. Thanks babe!
property of HSN
Ebates currently gives 3.0% cash back on purchases. You can click my Ebates link to sign up if you'd like. You'll receive $10 when you make your first purchase of $25 or more through Ebates. I signed up last June and have received over $200 from shopping online. It comes in handy during the Christmas shopping time.

Hope you're enjoying what is left of the weekend!

- Lupe

Comments