June 2016 Birchbox

Hello!

Birchbox is a monthly beauty subscription service. You get sent four to five samples of beauty and other beauty related products. The theme of this month's box was "Everyday Magic." The box contains products that will change you from a sleepy eyed zombie to a polished looking superhero. 

Let's see how that goes!





Benefit Cosmetics Gimme Brow Volumizing Fiber Gel 

Benefit has revamped their packaging and Birchbox gave us early access to it. I love this if I'm on the go. It gives my brows some shape and fills any gaps I have. It's water resistant, which I love.


Benefit Gimme Brow in 5 Deep

Jane Iredale Smooth Affair Facial Primer & Brightener 

The primer did go on smoothly and minimized my pores a bit. I didn't see any brightness to my face though. It did provide some hydration like it claims to. It has a scent to it, but nothing too strong. It performed just as well as my other primers. 



Whish Shave Cream with Vitamin K

I was running low on shaving cream, so this came at the perfect time. It has a blend of natural plants plus vitamin K. It applied smoothly and helped achieve that perfect shave. I would've liked a bigger sample, since I only got two uses out of it.

Coola Classic Face SPF 30 Cucumber Moisturizer

This was light weight on my skin and had a cucumber scent. It wasn't that moisturizing, so that part could've been a bit better. 



Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray

This added volume to my hair and has a lovely scent to it.  I wouldn't recommend this as a dry shampoo though. It left my hair looking oilier. It didn't absorb the oil in my hair very well. 


This was actually my last Birchbox. I subscribed to Allure's beauty box. Birchbox happened to take away their point system starting next month. You'll still receive points on referrals and shopping in their store, but not for reviews. I'll still use the Birchbox store for products not carried at Sephora or Ulta though. 

- Lupe

Comments