Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder

Hello.

I hope you all had a nice Christmas, if you celebrate it. I really enjoyed spending time with my family and boyfriend. Last month, I purchased some products from Sephora. You can check those out here. One of those products was a Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder. The powder is suppose to set your makeup and create a flawless finish.

I have seen many bloggers and youtubers rave about this, so I decided to check it out. The travel size 0.33 oz retails for $22.50. I've really enjoyed this powder. It feels smooth and is a finely milled powder. If you've been a long time reader, you'll know that I have oily skin. This powder really has helped combat oiliness I'll experience through out the day.

I don't find it settling into fine lines or altering my foundation in any way. It gives my makeup a nice matte finish, when applied over it. I especially love it for setting my under eye concealer. The powder is a little pricey, but I think it's worth it. I see the product lasting awhile, since I don't need to use too much powder.






The powder comes with a velour powder, which I wasn't a fan of. It didn't fit in the powder, so I just used my own powder brush. The powder does have a sifter, but it doesn't lock. It had a sticker, but I removed it. I suggest ripping only part of the sticker off. I wish it had a divider, like my Bare Minerals product has.  This can cause quite a little mess, so I just keep it upright in my organizer.

swatch of setting powder


Overall, it's a nice setting powder. It helps me stay matte and minimizes any oil I get. I love how smooth and finely milled it is. I do see myself repurchasing this in the future. I hope they put a divider next time. I'm not a big fan of the mess, but I understand it happens with powders.

Comments

  1. I love Laura Mercier - their mineral powder foundation is fab :)

    Lilies and Lipbalm
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Laura Mercier - their mineral powder foundation is fab :)

    Lilies and Lipbalm
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice! I'll have to look into it. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Post a Comment