Studio Gear CC Cream & Wet n Wild Fergie Mattifying Powder Reviews

Hello pretties!

I've been having the flu all week thanks to this girl in math class. She coughed in my area of space. lol. I'll be posting another Valentine's Day look soon!:)

Today, I wanted to review these two products I've been trying for awhile. They are the Studio Gear CC Cream in "Natural" and Wet n Wild's Fergie Take on the Day Mattifying Powder.

I'll begin with the CC cream. When I first got the product, I thought natural was part of the name. Turns out it was my shade color. These have Spf 20 in them and retail for $34. I've only seen Studio Gear at Ulta. You can also purchase on their website here. 






They only have three color choices which I did not like. Natural was a bit light on me. Without the mattifying powder i get about three hours wear and then it starts to look oily. It comes out white and then adjusts to skin color when you blend it into your face. I love how light weight it feels and the light coverage. The smell is odd and I didn't like it at first. I got use to it though. It is able to blur some imperfections.

I wish it lasted longer. When i apply the mattifying powder, I get four to five hours wear. Which is a lot better compared to three. The price tag also is making me not want to repurchase. $34 seems a lot for the amount you get.


Here is a photo with just the CC cream.

CC Cream
As you can see coverage is light. I love it for school! It wasn't able to cover my new developing chin pimple but was able to blur some of my pores.

Wet N Wild Fergie Mattifying Powder



I've been eying the NARS setting powder, but it's a little pricey. I've decided to give this Wet n Wild one a try. It retails for $4.99. It's part of their Spring 2014 collection. It comes in a black compact and under the powder you'll find a sponge to apply it. I just used my own brush.

It can be powdery when you pick it up with your fingers and brush. It doesn't pick up much product which I like so I won't overdo it and get a white cast.It was a little hard to capture. There is some shimmer which can be noticeable in some light. The powder is smooth when applied and I can feel it absorbing my oil! It tends to have my foundation last longer than my CC cream. I think for $5 it's a good product!

I would recommend this for ladies with normal to dry skin. I think some combination skin people can benefit from it. I tend to reapply midway through day. I love how it doesn't appear cakey!



CC cream & mattifying powder
5 1/2 hours later
My nose area and t-zone got a little oily. Product was also wearing off. I think they both held up well.

Studio Gear Cosmetics
10% off: SGHOLIDAY (Does not expire)



*CC cream provided by Brand Backer

Comments