Is Maui Moisture Making Me Go Bald?

 Search up “Maui Shampoo Hair loss” on Google, and what do you see? On the top of the page, you will see articles dedicated to the message that Maui Moisture products DO NOT cause hair loss. Well…if the Maui products do not in fact cause hair loss, then why would there need to be published literature saying so? Keep scrolling, and it will all start to make sense, as there are countless personal testimonials from individuals like myself who have discovered their hair thinning and hair loss was linked to the use of Maui Moisture products. 

 

 


After a lot of research to find the shampoo that I thought was right for me, I can’t help but feel cheated. I’m talking hours of YouTube influencers, scrolling through Instagram, googling top shampoo recommendations for my hair type, etc. My research methods have led me to Maui Moisture Nourish & Moisture +Coconut Milk Shampoo for dry hair and Maui Moisture Nourish & Moisture +Coconut Milk conditioner for dry hair. Yet, here I am months later, finding out that Maui Moisture has been selling products linked to hair thinning and hair loss for years.

Up until recently, I had thought that the reasons behind my hair loss was due to stress, diet, or maybe a simple shedding phase. It wasn’t until my son decided to borrow my shampoo that I’ve come to realize the true cause of my hair loss… Maui Moisture. To find my son's healthy beautiful hair coat the bathtub after just one wash made me feel hurt, angry, and completely betrayed.


For months, I’ve fearfully watched my hair slide off my head like butter in the shower, wondering  what was wrong with me. I’ve swept my hair up off of the floors of my home multiple times a day, picked strand after strand of hair off of my clothing and all because I made the mistake of buying into these particular Maui Moisture products, but this isn’t about the fourteen dollars I won’t be getting back. This is about transparency for consumers. 


For me, there is no denying my personal experience or the renaissance of tik toks showing people who are experiencing hair thinning and hair loss from using their products…you’ll also see similar claims on Reddit, YouTube, and product reviews on store websites. 


In fact, just five days ago, classaction.org has stated that Maui Moisture Color Protection + Sea Minerals Conditioner is under investigation due to problems found in their ingredients as they’ve been known to cause, “harmful side effects, such as hair loss and scalp irritation, in some users.” 



Regardless of the conflicting articles, blog posts, and consumer reviews, I’m shocked that Maui Moisture has not spoken up about this. For the sake of transparency, there is no excuse as to why Maui Moisture can’t come forward, set the record straight. I mean, what’s really going on?  Give us some answers, Maui Moisture. Something, anything…



P.S- does anybody have any shampoo and conditioner recommendations? 



Mandy

 


 

Comments