Play! by Sephora August 2016

Hi!

I meant to get this up sooner, but I went on a little getaway last week. Sephora's box has five deluxe samples and a fragrance as a bonus. The box comes out to $10 and some tax. They do have a waitlist, which you can sign up for here. It took forever for me to get off, but the waitlist has been opening up for people.


This month's theme was "The Eye Openers." I'm a big fan of eye products, so I was glad when I opened this up.


LancĂ´me Energie De Vie

This is an energizing liquid moisturizer that is supposed to refresh, hydrate, and protect the skin. It quickly absorbed into my skin and it has a perfume scent. The scent isn't too strong though. I usually use cream moisturizers, so it was nice to try something different. I did find it hydrating, but probably wouldn't repurchase due to the $55 price tag.

Algenist Eye Renewal Balm

I just started using eye creams and have been enjoying them. Algenist is a brand that I hear a lot of good things about. I applied this to my under eyes and it left a cooling sensation. My under eye area seems a lot brighter now! I don't get as much sleep as I used to, and this product helps out when my dark circles are bad. The full size is $68! I don't need too much product, so I can see this sample lasting awhile.


Urban Decay Perversion Mascara

This mascara is just okay in my book. The description of the mascara had me laughing. It was described pretty sexual in the Urban Decay booklet. It gave my lashes some volume and length. It is a deep black color, but I did experience some smudging. I do have oily lids, so that may have played a role in the smudging.



Sephora Contour Eye Pencil 12hr Wear

This eye pencil is really creamy and glides on smoothly. I received the shade "Flirting Game." It's a shimmery taupe. It lasted about five hours on me and I did notice some smudging. I can always use it as a shadow base.

Makeup Forever Artist Eyeshadow and Blush

I received the shade "I-544." This is an iridescent taupe, which pairs lovely with the eyeliner. The shadow is creamy and blendable. I found it to be mildly pigmented, so I added some MAC Fix Plus to add more oomph to my eye look. This was still on my lids at seven hours!




CLEAN Warm Cotton Fragrance

The perfume samples are such a lovely bonus. This literally smells like fresh clean laundry. I always loved that scent as a child, so I enjoyed this sample. The scent does stay with you for awhile. This will be another future purchase of mine.


Every box comes with an extra 50 Beauty Insider points to spend in the store.

-Lupe

Comments

  1. Ooh, nice selection! Love that shade of MUFE eye shadow and the Algenist eye cream sounds luxurious! I'm a huge fan of Urban Decay, but it's pretty funny that they get so sexual in the mascara description ;)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Sephora always picks some good items to put in. I guess I could see it happening, since they have a naked collection lol.

      Delete

Post a Comment