Ulta Blender Sponge Kit vs. Beauty Blender

Hello!

I first started using beauty blenders last December, and have been hooked on them ever since! I usually end up neglecting my foundation brushes at times. One beauty blender costs $20. That can be pricey if you're planning to replace it every few months. I discovered that Ulta had a Blender Sponge Kit for $10, and I began to wonder if it was a dupe for the Beauty Blender.


Beauty Blender

Beauty Blender Pros
  • Full coverage look can be achieved
  • Much more bouncy than the Ulta brand sponge
  • Streak free foundation
  • Made out of a soft material  
  • Able to blend under eye area with the pointed tip
  • Helps your foundation appear natural looking
Beauty Blender Cons
  • It leaks a pink tint when I wash it
  • I have a hard time blending near nose area
  • It's a bit pricey ($20 a sponge, but you can find it in kits)
  • It can grow mold if you don't wash it correctly or air dry it in a ventilated area (This personally hasn't happened to me, but it has happened to others)
  • The water tends to dry up quickly if I leave it sitting for a couple of minutes (I'm sometimes  still working on my eyes, or brows before I start my foundation)
Ulta Blender Sponge
Ulta Blender Sponge Pros
  • Price is $10 for 2 sponges
  • Also helps foundation appear natural looking
  • It has a wider bottom compared to the Beauty Blender
  • It stays wet longer than the Beauty Blender ( Like I stated above, I'm usually working on my eyeshadow, or my brows before my foundation)

Ulta Blender Sponge Cons
  • Hard to blend foundation near nose area & my under eye area
  • It absorbs foundation quickly ( This might not be the quickest way to apply your makeup)
  • Not as soft or bouncy compared to the Beauty Blender
  • It never seems clean enough after washing it
  • This will help you achieve sheer coverage at the most (Some people may be okay with that though!)



The Ulta Blender Sponge is most likely not a dupe for the Beauty Blender. It's an okay sponge, but it just absorbed too much product for my liking. I also don't like that I can't get it clean enough. The Beauty Blender won this round. The Beauty Blender has definitely changed my beauty routine. I find it easy to work with and it helps my foundations appear more natural looking. This is just my personal opinion on these products. They may work differently for you. I know a lot of people favor the Ulta sponge and vice versa.

I have heard good things about the Real Techniques sponge, so I may need to check it out.



- Lupe


Comments

  1. I'm a huge fan of the beauty blender and I neglect my foundations brushes too because they get dirty so fast so the sponge is easier. I like the nude version better that the pink one! The real techniques sponge is the best ive tried after the beauty blender. Definitely give it a go too if you're thinking of trying if!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to check out the nude version. Thanks! I'll also have to look into the real techniques sponge too.

      Delete
  2. I was looking for a cheaper version of the BB. Now I know to avoid the Ulta one. Thank you for letting us know about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I finally caved in and placed an order for a beauty blender through Beautylish.com but I hated the finish it left on my skin. I know many love the beauty blender but I just can't get along with it so I returned it. :-(

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry it didn't work for you! ): Have you ever used cosmetic wedges? I like using those too if I'm not using a brush or a beauty blender.

      Delete
  4. Since I started using these type of sponges, I've been hooked. They work so much better than brushes and fingers or at least on me. Believe it or not I haven't tried Beauty Blender. I did buy some recently at PHAMExpo.

    http://ahleessa4realz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree! They leave a much nicer finish than some brushes.

      Delete

Post a Comment