NYX Cosmetics Le Frou Frou Mascara + Take Over Control Palette

Hello!

I've been shopping on Ulta's website a lot lately. I'm a sucker for their beauty breaks. They recently had a 4 piece NYX beauty break. Beauty breaks are usually freebies you can receive with an online purchase. I kept the palette and mascara that caught my eye. I gifted my sister the lipstick and blush that had been included in the set.



I'll start off with the mascara. NYX's Le Frou Frou mascara is meant to lengthen the lashes and add volume. It has a dense dome brush, which simply looks cheaply made in my opinion. It is able to get all my lashes. Two coats of this mascara gives me some volume.

NYX Le Frou Frou Mascara
I didn't notice much length added to my lashes. It's just an okay mascara. I probably wouldn't repurchase. My lashes need a mascara with more length and volume. This mascara retails for $5.99 at Ulta Beauty.


My favorite out of these two was the palette. It's called "Take Over Control." It has three shimmery shades and a satin. These shadows are mildly pigmented and long lasting. These were still going strong at 8 hrs. I like making the pink and gold pop by spraying some MAC fix plus on the shadow brush.

I did have some trouble with the pink shadow not applying evenly. The pink and gold have a creaminess to them, unlike the other two shadows. The dark blue and mauve really blend easily. I like how it has an inner corner high light, a crease shade, and shadows for the lid. You can easily create a look using all four. This palette retails for $9.99 at Ulta Beauty.

NYX "Take Over Control" Swatches

- Lupe

Comments