Maybelline Vivid Matte Liquid

Hello!

I was sent two Maybelline Vivid Matte Liquids for testing purposes by Influenster. Matte liquid lipsticks seem to be a favorite in the beauty community. Maybelline has created their version of a liquid lipstick.

Maybelline's Vivid Matte Liquids retail for $7.99. I want my lips to feel comfortable when I'm wearing lip products. These didn't make my lips feel dry. They were actually a tad moisturizing. They are mildly pigmented and have a creamy feel to them. It has a thin doe foot applicator. They go on smoothly.


 I can easily outline my lips with the applicator. The vivid matte liquids have a sweet scent to them. Maybelline claims that one swipe will give you a matte finish. I got more of a satin finish than a matte finish. They do transfer and don't ever completely dry down. I blot with a napkin or apply a translucent powder to help with that issue.



Nude Flush is a mauve nude and Rebel Red is a true red. They wore for about 4 hours. They stain my lips at the four hour mark. These are more of a thick gloss than a liquid lipstick in my opinion. I really enjoy "Rebel Red." I don't mind getting a satin finish, but these shouldn't be marketed as matte.


They have 10 shades in this collection. I like wearing these when I know I won't be out for long. I do like the price and pigmentation of them. I'd probably purchase another shade in the future. I just wish Maybelline hadn't marketed these as matte. I'm sure they fooled some people.


You can comment your email down below if you'd like a invitation to Influenster. Influenster sends out products to test and review based on your social media influence.

- Lupe

Comments