I've been playing around with the Coastal Scents Revealed Smoky Palette. So far I'm feeling just okay about it, I'll have more on that in a later post. It is a palette with some dark colors, so I was inspired to create a smokey eye. I recall the high school days where I'd always wear a smokey eye. Why didn't anyone stop me haha?
Onto the look..
My face was a little dry, so I applied Makeup Forever's Step 1 hydrating primer. I went with a medium coverage foundation and used a bronzer instead of a blush. The bronzer had some shimmer in it. I wanted to add a glow to the face area. I bought the bronzer up the forehead as well. I already had too much going on with the eyes, so the bronzer isn't too dark.
- Makeup Forever Step 1 Hydrating Primer
- Tarte Amazonian Clay Foundation
- It Cosmetics Brow Power
- Elizabeth Mott Queen of the Fill
- Boo Boo Cover Up
- OFRA Pressed Banana Powder as setting under eye concealer
- Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder
Cheeks & Lips
- The Balm Mary Lou Manizer was applied as a high light
- Pixi by Petra Bronzer in "Summertime"
- L'oreal Le Matte Lipstick in "Mad For Matte" (I'm glad these are now permanent. I love this shade, and want to try more)
I took one of the taupe shades and applied that all over the lid. I picked up a shimmery light brown and applied it in the crease. I used a matte brown and dark black to really deepen the crease area. Then I blended, blended, and blended some more. I don't want to seem like I got punched in the eye. I used a matte white from the palette to highlight my inner eye lid and brow bone. Elizabeth Mott's You're So Fine Eyeliner was used to add a little glitter. I added some more drama by adding Lancome's Noir Intense as bottom liner.
- Coastal Scents Revealed Smoky Palette
- Lorac Behind the Scenes Eye Primer
- Elizabeth Mott You're So Fine Liquid Eyeliner
- Lancome Drama Liqui Pencil in "Noir Intense"
- City Color Be Bold Mascara in "Extreme Volume"
- Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara
What products do you use for a smokey eye?
On another note..
- Is anyone watching The People Vs. Oj Simpson? I really like the cast they picked out. I didn't like Cuba in the role of OJ at first, but I'm warming up to it
- I've been really enjoying infused waters lately (Raspberries, Strawberries, and lemons are lovely together!)
- Just counting down the days till my birthday. 1 more week!
- I broke my no buy. I went into Ulta this past weekend and well you know the rest. I'll have that haul up next week.
- Jaclyn Hill's Z-Palette Video is giving me life. I need these shadows.