Smokey Eye & Red Lip Look

Hello!

I've been playing around with the Coastal Scents Revealed Smoky Palette. So far I'm feeling just okay about it, I'll have more on that in a later post. It is a palette with some dark colors, so I was inspired to create a smokey eye. I recall the high school days where I'd always wear a smokey eye. Why didn't anyone stop me haha?


Onto the look..


My face was a little dry, so I applied Makeup Forever's Step 1 hydrating primer. I went with a medium coverage foundation and used a bronzer instead of a blush. The bronzer had some shimmer in it. I wanted to add a glow to the face area. I bought the bronzer up the forehead as well. I already had too much going on with the eyes, so the bronzer isn't too dark.


Face

  • Makeup Forever Step 1 Hydrating Primer
  • Tarte Amazonian Clay Foundation
  • It Cosmetics Brow Power 
  • Elizabeth Mott Queen of the Fill
  • Boo Boo Cover Up 
  • OFRA Pressed Banana Powder as setting under eye concealer
  • Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder
Cheeks & Lips

  • The Balm Mary Lou Manizer was applied as a high light
  • Pixi by Petra Bronzer in "Summertime"
  • L'oreal Le Matte Lipstick in "Mad For Matte" (I'm glad these are now permanent. I love this shade, and want to try more)
Eyes

I took one of the taupe shades and applied that all over the lid. I picked up a shimmery light brown and applied it in the crease. I used a matte brown and dark black to really deepen the crease area. Then I blended, blended, and blended some more. I don't want to seem like I got punched in the eye. I used a matte white from the palette to highlight my inner eye lid and brow bone. Elizabeth Mott's You're So Fine Eyeliner was used to add a little glitter. I added some more drama by adding Lancome's Noir Intense as bottom liner.    


  • Coastal Scents Revealed Smoky Palette
  • Lorac Behind the Scenes Eye Primer
  • Elizabeth Mott You're So Fine Liquid Eyeliner
  • Lancome Drama Liqui Pencil in "Noir Intense"
  • City Color Be Bold Mascara in "Extreme Volume"
  • Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara 


What products do you use for a smokey eye? 

On another note..
  • Is anyone watching The People Vs. Oj Simpson? I really like the cast they picked out. I didn't like Cuba in the role of OJ at first, but I'm warming up to it
  • I've been really enjoying infused waters lately (Raspberries, Strawberries, and lemons are lovely together!)
  • Just counting down the days till my birthday. 1 more week! 
  • I broke my no buy. I went into Ulta this past weekend and well you know the rest. I'll have that haul up next week. 
  • Jaclyn Hill's Z-Palette Video is giving me life. I need these shadows.    

Comments

  1. Such a beautiful makeup look!! Every time I wear a grey or silver shade on reminded of the makeup I wore in highschool too lol!!
    I love infusing my water too! I always use lemon and I love it with strawberries and raspberries too! I also like to use blueberries. I've always wanted to try cucumbers too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Lol glad to know I wasn't the only one. Ooo blueberries sounds great! Let me know how the cucumbers go. :)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful makeup look!! I have the OJ show recorded on my DVR but haven't had time to catch up.
    xo, Lily
    Beauty With Lily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Perfect to binge watch! How are you liking it so far?

      Delete
  3. belated happy bday lupe! wish i had your eyeshadow blending skills :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Shayne! Oh stop! I'm jelly of your makeup skills! ^-^

      Delete

Post a Comment