Sunday, November 15, 2015

Favorite Brushes

Hello!

I wanted to share some of my favorite makeup brushes today. I find brushes to be the key to a flawless application. These brushes are essential in the many looks I'm always creating. My brushes aren't the fanciest out there, but they get the job done.








Sonia Kashuk Multipurpose Brush

I use this stippling brush to apply my blush. It's an affordable brush that is soft and great for many uses. You can use it for foundation,bronzer, and blush. Since it's a stippling brush your getting a smooth finish. I purchased mine from Target. ($12.99)

Real Techniques Buffing Brush

I have a variety of foundation brushes, but this one is my go to. It buffs the foundation perfectly into my skin. Real Techniques has great quality brushes in my opinion. I feel like you get can get a medium to full coverage using this buffing brush. I wish they sold it separately, but it's part of a collection. I purchased mine from Ulta. ($17.99)

Real Techniques Contour Brush

This is another great quality brush from Real Techniques. This brush is soft and fluffy. I love how it's small and fits perfectly into the hallows of my cheeks. This blends my cream and powder bronzers nicely. This was purchased in a set from Ulta. ($17.99)


Bobbi Brown Cream Blending/ Blender

This brush is suppose to mainly be used for concealer and setting the under eyes. I prefer using it as an eye shadow brush. One side I have a flat brush and on the other side a blending brush. The flat brush is able to pick up creams and powders. This is a great quality brush. I feel like it changed how my eye looks would come out. The blending side is nice for blending out any harsh lines or edges. 

Elizabeth Mott All Over Shadow Brush

I received this in a Ipsy bag. I love how it's pink and quite soft. It has 100% synthetic bristles. I use this brush for high lighting my brow and packing shadow onto my eyelid. This can be purchased from the Elizabeth Mott website. ($10)

Luxie 205 Brush

This brush also came in a Ipsy bag. This brush also has synthetic bristles. It's an amazing quality brush for a low price. You get a soft tapered brush perfect for blending out your shadow. The brush is apparently coated with a antibacterial solution that keeps the brush clean and fresh. This can be purchased at Luxie Beauty. ($12.00)



What are some of your favorite brushes?





8 comments:

  1. I love love LOVE the Real Techniques brushes! I think the quality you get is excellent for the price that you pay. I definitely have the same mindset as you -- I don't need my brushes to be fancy be any means, as long as they get the job done.
    Love your little blog, by the way! :)

    -Alex
    A Northern Light

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! I feel like they do such a great job for being drugstore brushes. Aw, thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  2. I love the real techniques brushes that you showed! They have an angled contour or buffer brush that I love too. And I use a big stippling brush for blush too! I thought I was the only one who did that lol!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo I'll have to check that angled contour brush out! I love a good contour lol. I was clueless when I bought the brush and didn't know it was for foundation lol. Good to know someone else uses a stippling brush for blush! :)

      Delete
  3. Great picks! I use Real Techniques brushes every day! I especially love the Stippling Brush, Blush Brush, and Multi-Purpose Face Brush :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! I love RT brushes! They work well and they're very affordable!

    plovesfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really do! The price tag on them is great.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...