Navigation Bar

Home About Contact

Thursday, December 12, 2013

Studio Gear Cosmetics Holiday Smokey Eye Palette Review

Hello!:)
Today I'll be reviewing Studio Gear's Holiday Palette. When I think of holiday makeup, I think of gold and silvers! This palette retails for $40 originally, but is on sale for $25 right now. I'll be leaving a discount code down below as well. This palette is suppose to create a easy smokey eye.




It contains four eye shadows and one blush. You also have directions on how to create a look. I love when directions are included because it gives off inspiration to create that look or toss your own spin on it.


The shadows on the little picture diagram seem to be placed in the wrong places. I love shimmer shades so was excited to try this. 

Frost

Frost is a white shimmer. I liked this best as a inner highlight.

Platinum is a light gray silver satin. The pigmentation was nice from this one.

Glimmer is a gold shimmer. I loved how this looked in the pan, but it didn't show up so well on the eye. I wish it had better pigmentation.

Coal is a charcoal shimmer. I liked this best for the outer crease. I did have some fallout with it.


Snowy glow is a pinky coral blush. I love the pigmentation and overall how it looked on my cheeks! It's the best part of this palette.

Frost, Platinum, Glimmer, Coal, & Snowy Glow

Overall it's a nice palette, but not something I'd use everyday. Pigmentation could've been better. I like how sturdy and travel friendly the palette is. I'll be getting a good use out of the blush.

 Get your palette here.

10% off: SGHOLIDAY

(Code never expires)











*powered by Brand Backer

10 comments:

  1. Oh wow what gorgeous shades! They look so lovely xx

    Gem // Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your right, the Blush really looks like the stand out in the palette from the swatch. Looks heavenly!

    Jenna ♥ ♥
    Northern Beauty 85

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of studio gear cosmetics- I have to check them out! Great review ;D thanks so much for sharing! I too love golds and silver for the holidays :D That silver looks amazing and that blush looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have a CC cream review from their brand coming soon! :)
      Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  4. Heh, never heard of Studio Gear either, but I'm really diggin' that blush shade!
    (That's weird that the diagram places the shades in the wrong places??)
    And yeah Glimmer looks gorgeous in the pan, shame it didn't show up better on the skin :(

    Anyways, Happy Holidays!
    Vanessa | Citron and Guavaberry ʘ‿ʘ | Makeup & Silly things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are at Ulta I've noticed. Yes, the blush was the pretty one out of the bunch. Happy Holidays! :)

      Delete